444 Broadway, New York, NY
Calvin Pollard, architect (modeled after London's Olympic). Built by Willard and Blake, who struggled as managers and eventually handed it over to a series of unsuccessful managers. Finally, actor-manager William Mitchell took over in 1839, offering reduced ticket prices to parodies and comic entertainments. It soon became known as Mitchell's Olympic. After his retirement in 1850, it became a German-language theatre and minstrel hall. In 1852, it was converted into offices. In 1854, it burned down.
Built: 1837 Closed: 1852 Demolished: 1854